Trezor Wallet ( Trezor T ) – A Deep Dive
Trezor T is the latest Trezor wallet and was launched in early 2018. The Model-T’s firmware was written from scratch to further optimize security.
- Clear and intuitive touchscreen.
- User-friendly interface.
- Incorporates high-level security features.
- Provides double verification for transactions.
- Costlier than other hardware wallets.
- Users have reported delays with early shipments.
- It has no buttons and the user can navigate only with help of a touchscreen.
Trezor T is a hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet where the private keys are in complete control of the user. The trezor wallet can be backed up with the 12-word recovery seed. The original 12-word seed is generated using random generation from the device and the computer.
The content of the box include:
- Trezor T device
- Magnetic dock
- USB A to USB C Cable
- Getting Started Guide
- 2 Recovery Seed Cards
- 4 Sticker
The magnetic dock is a slim magnet holder with 3m self-adhesive tape. The users can attach their Trezor wallet to it and stick it under a desk or any other surface.
The Model T is slightly bigger but featherweight with only 0.53oz (15 g). The touch-screen allows users to enter the protection PIN and an encrypted passphrase right on the device, avoiding any data entry on a PC. This trezor wallet has no battery and can get power from an external power source only. At the bottom, there’s a USB type C port, whereas the right-hand side contains a MicroSD slot. The tamper sticker is placed over the USB port.
Also Read: Ledger Blue Wallet Review
1. Connect the wallet to your computer and the following screen appears-
2. Open trezor.io/start .
3. Select the model T option and click “ OK, I understand”.
4. The latest firmware will now start installing. Then, the Trezor wallet will generate a unique, 12-word long recovery seed which will only be displayed on the wallet screen. Click “ Hold to Confirm”.
5. Write down the recovery seeds. Model T will randomly select two words and will ask to retype them for verification. Click “ I understand”.
6. Name the wallet after confirming the backup and click “Confirm to continue”.
7. Set a pin for accessing the wallet.
Testing the Recovery Option
1. Find the recovery option under the ‘Advanced’ tab.
2. A prompt asks for the number of recovery seeds. Select the number and proceed.
3. Now, type the words in the exact order.
4. Once the full word is typed out, it’ll be highlighted in green. Tap it again to confirm.
5. The following screen appears. Click “Continue”.
Another Method for Recovering the Trezor Wallet
1. From the ‘Advanced’ tab select the red ‘Wipe device’ button.
2. The following prompt appears on the screen, click “Hold to confirm”.
3. Once Model T has been wiped, open trezor.io/start.
- Choose the ‘Recover wallet’ option and enter the recovery words in order.
How to Use this Trezor Wallet?
In order to send funds to your wallet follow these steps-
1.Click on the “Receive” link at the top. Then click on the green button “Show full address” and copy the address.
2. In order to send Bitcoins click on the “Send” link and enter the details: Address, Amount and Fee and then click the green “Send” button at the bottom.
List of Coins Supported by the Trezor Wallet
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Bitcoin cash (BCH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Dash (DASH)
- Ethereum Classic (ETC)
- NEM (NEM)
- Lisk (LSK)
- Z cash (ZEC)
- QTUM (QTUM)
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG)
Our trading team tested the Trezor Wallet. The company has established substantial credibility, built a great consumer support system and optimized their product for security. The price is higher than its non-hardware counterparts, but the high level of security, easy user interface and accessibility makes it worth the high price.