Ledger Blue – A Step by Step Guide
Ledger Blue is a battery-powered hardware wallet designed to operate with every computer or smartphone. It was launched in December 2016 and has an ability to store a wide range of cryptocurrencies. It is currently priced at $256.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices.
- Most advanced hardware security gear on the market.
- User-friendly interface.
- Supports multiple currencies.
- It is not as portable as other hardware wallets.
- It is priced much higher than other hardware wallets.
Ledger Blue is based on a dual-chip architecture which integrates an ST31 SecureElement and an STM32 microcontroller. It has a touchscreen with LED backlighting for easy navigation and transaction validation.
Ledger Blue ( Product Information)
The Ledger Blue package contains-
- Ledger Blue
- Protective Bag (for the Ledger Blue)
- 1m micro USB to USB Cable
- 3x Recovery Sheet
Also Read: Ledger Nano S Review
The wallet features a LED-backlit color touch-screen. The device comes with a power button and can be switched on without connecting it to a computer. A user can use the On-The-Go Adapter to make the Ledger Blue compatible with any USB port. There is no anti-tamper seal on the box or device.
This allows the Ledger Blue to run companion apps in full isolation on top of its firmware. The user can thus add currency and new apps to the device without an involved risk of compromising the master seed.
Coins supported by the wallet include-
- Bitcoin Gold
- Ethereum Classic
Set up Guide for Ledger Blue
Follow these steps to set up the wallet.
- Press the power button placed on the side of the device.
- Connect the device to a computer or a wall socket.
- You can now choose:
– To configure your Ledger Blue as a new device with an original seed.
– To restore a previous configuration.
– If you want to create a new seed, select “Configure as new device”
– If you want to import a seed that you already have, select “Restore Configuration”
- Choose a PIN code. Depending on the firmware you have, the number of digits can vary.
- Carefully write down each word on the recovery sheet.
How to use Ledger Blue Wallet?
- Create a new account and select the “Accounts” tab. Press the “+ key” button.
2. Click on the “Advanced” option.
3. Click “Ledger”:
4. Connect the device to the OTG cable.
5. Mycelium will sync and explore for existing accounts.
6. After a while, all accounts will be shown and you can select which account you want to import, else click on “Import next unused account.”
7. Select it as the default account and use Mycelium:
8.The Ledger device will be required only when you wish to sign a payment.
Ledger Blue is one of a kind cryptocurrency storage device. Its 3.5-inch capacitive touchscreen and Bluetooth is a welcome addition to the hardware wallet space. It is the best option for HODLers as it facilitates the storage of several cryptocurrencies. With its advanced features and enhanced security measures, it is worth its high price.