Popularly known as Ethereum of China, NEO is the first decentralised and open-sourced cryptocurrency based in China. NEO ICO was first launched in 2014 with the name of Antshares, and the name was changed in July 2017. NEO offers users with digital assets, smart contracts, digital identities as well as decentralized apps.
The NEO coin can be considered as a share in the company, representing part ownership of the NEO blockchain. GAS is a dividend which is paid to NEO coin holders. It is a linked cryptocurrency used to running apps and executing contracts on the NEO platform. Every NEO coin owned will automatically generate GAS at a rate that can earn almost 7.5% in annual returns.
How to select a NEO Wallet?
The following factor must be kept in consideration while choosing a NEO wallet-
Security & Backup: The wallet should have features like and seed keys and PIN codes.
Gas-Claiming Capability: It is necessary that a wallet which automatically claims free GAS is chosen. All cryptocurrency wallets do not claim the free GAS.
Private Control Keys: The wallet must have the facility for the owner to own and control the keys to the wallet.
Ease of use: The wallet should have an easy user interface.
Compatibility: The wallet must be compatible with your operating system.
Best Wallets for NEO Coin
NEO coin can be stored in various types of wallets namely software wallets, hardware wallets, web-based wallets and paper wallets. A user has several options when it comes to choosing the best NEO wallet. All wallets listed below except the paper wallet have GAS-generating capability.
- It is a lightweight wallet and doesn’t add entire NEO blockchain to the computer.
- It distributes GAS tokens based on the amount of NEO held.
- The left side of the platform features an area for the owner to send funds, generate GAS and convert NEO on the account to GAS.
- The right side features the transaction history.
- The wallet operates on any desktop with Max, Windows or Linux operating system.
- The official wallet created by NEO developers.
- The platform runs on a desktop.
- It is one of the slower applications and takes up a significant amount of hard drive space.
- The wallet can be downloaded onto computers with Windows 7 and above operating systems.
- It is a lightweight wallet maintained by the NEO community.
- It runs only on Chrome and Microsoft browser.
- It doesn’t connect to the NEO servers and interacts only with the developer ’s blockchain.
- It is designed specifically for users with a background in coding.
- It works only on desktops with a windows or Linux operating system.
- It has been designed to keep the majority of the funds in cold storage.
- It guarantees anonymity to the user.
- The private keys are in control of the user.
- It only works on Chrome and Microsoft Edge Browsers.
- It uses a Web browser to generate data and claim GAS, nothing is ever stored on NEO Tracker’s servers.
- It functions the same way as NEO wallet.
- It was created by OnChain who worked along NEO developers to create the currency.
7.Ledger Nano S
- It resembles a flash drive and connects into a desktop with a USB cable.
- It is priced at 79.00 €.
- It syncs to other applications for authentication by the owner, and the owner must also input a four-digit code directly into it.
Note-It is necessary that users using the Ledger Nano S must have the 1.3.1 version installed to use NEO with the wallet properly.
- It is a NEO wallet available on a smartphone.
- The users can track the NEO fall and drop throughout the day and value of their portfolio.
- The wallet has been broken into a hot wallet and a cold wallet. The hot wallet consists of funds for daily transactions and cold wallet stores the majority of funds.
- The application can be downloaded from Google Play or Apple store.
- O3 has made its code open source, and it can be viewed on Github.
- It is a web wallet which provides access to the NEO/GAS tokens on the second day of each month.
- If in-built wallets are considered, Binance’s NEO wallet is the most rewarding.
- Ansy is NEO paper wallet.
- The public address is used to send NEO to the wallet, and private address is used to spend tokens.
- The wallet cannot claim GAS.
- It is presently available through Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
These are the top 10 wallets used by NEO investors. There will be more wallets in the coming future as NEO further develops its blockchain.